Join our Team
We are looking for skilled enthusiastic instructors to teach our unique and creative workshops.
Below is a summary of what we are looking for! If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every year we hire Summer Students. Applications are currently closed. These positions are Full-time (35 hours) per week and is for candidates aged 15-30 through the Government Summer Student Program.
If you are interested in joining us as a coop student, please ask your Coop teacher for more details and contact email@example.com.
As an instructor, you will be responsible for overall design, planning, implementation and delivery of curriculum for specified workshops. These workshops could run either year-round or seasonally. The instructor will also be responsible for taking attendance, teaching the class and / or workshop, and reporting any issues, concerns or developments to the Learning Coordinator.
We have openings for workshops in these areas:
- Woodworking – Project workshops that make use of, and certification classes that teach safe operation of equipment including; table saw, thickness planer, jointer, drill press, sanders, hand tools etc.
- Digital Fabrication – Certification classes that teach safe and proper usage of equipment including; laser machines and 3D printers.
- Metalworking – Project workshops that make use of, and certification classes that teach safe operation of equipment including; metal lathe, metal mill, drill press, grinders, MIG / TIG welders, box and pan brake, metal shear etc.
- CNC – Project workshops that make use of, and certification classes that teach safe operation of equipment including; CNC router and CNC Mill.
- CAD / CAM / Graphics Software – Skills classes that teach use of software such as; AutoDesk Fusion 360, SolidWorks, SketchUp, AutoCAD, On CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator, Inkscape
- Craftwork – Project workshops that teach skills in the areas of; textiles, woodcraft, papercraft, pottery, glass, jewellery etc.
- Ideally one to two years minimum of teaching experience related to the workshop they are instructing.
- Work experience of at least one-half to three years in the area hired to instruct.
- Excellent customer service, communication, leadership, and organizational skills and sensitivity to interact with a diversity of participants in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification an asset.
- Availability to work flexible hours including daytime, evenings and weekends.