1. I have an idea for a project but I don’t know how to make it, will I be able to get help from NewMakeIt staff?
Absolutely! We’d love to help you out with your project. If you have specific questions or need some guidance with the machines, please speak to one of our staff members by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Can I store my projects or materials in NewMakeIt?
No, we currently do not have space to store projects as we need to keep our areas clean. If you are waiting for something to dry or set, please speak to a member of staff for more information.
3. Is there a dress code or required protective equipment?
All members working in the shop area must always wear closed-toe shoes and safety glasses. Additionally, we strongly recommend you bring hearing protection, keep long hair tied back, and try to avoid wearing any jewelry or long sleeve shirts with loose cuffs.
4. Do I need to book certain machines before I use them?
Yes. We use an online booking system for the laser machines, the finishing room, CNC Router and Milling machine. Please note that you may not book more than one machine in a given time slot. For further inquiries about booking machines, please speak to a staff member.
5. Which machines require certification?
You must be certified to use the CNC machinery, as well as the Laser machines. To use any other tools in the workshop, you will need a general workshop safety certification. For certification course dates, please consult our website.
6. How can I stay up to date on workshops and other events at NewMakeIt?
There are many ways to stay up-to-date on what’s happening at NewMakeIt. Keep an eye out for our monthly newsletter, follow us on social media, or feel free to chat with one of our staff members about the many events and workshops we have to offer.