Cost: $150 + HST
Time: 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Instructor: Anand Sihra
This two-session course will teach the fundamentals of CNC milling using our Tormach PCNC 1100 3 axis mill.
In session one of the workshop participants will be receiving a 2.5D solid model which you will create the toolpath for using Autodesk Fusion 360.
In session two of the workshop participants will learn the safe and proper use of the CNC Mill (Tormach) including; the control software, machine setup, and work holding and fixturing.
Learning Objectives: • Creating the toolpaths (CAM) for a part using Autodesk Fusion 360
• Setup, configuration, and operation of the CNC Mill
• Work holding / fixturing techniques and proper tool selection
Agenda: Session One
1. Generating toolpaths in Fusion 360
2. Material selection, speeds, and feeds
3. Toolpath simulation
1. Operation of the mill
2. Use of control software (Path pilot)
3. Establishing machine and part references
4. Work holding of part
5. Running simulation in mill
6. Running part in the mill