All visitors to NewMakeIt will be required to wear face masks/coverings, as per the York Region mandate. Masks will be available for purchase at the front desk for $1 each.
With the current status of the Omicron variant, and the current requirements for remaining open during this latest phase of the pandemic, we are committed to ensuring the health and wellness of all of our patrons. Our goal is to provide a safe and risk-free place to work and play. We are therefore implementing the following at NewMakeIt effective immediately:
- All visitors must sign in upon arrival and sign out upon leaving
- Masks *MUST* be worn over the nose and mouth at all times in the facility. We do not accept doctors notes or other exceptions
- Physical distancing will be enforced for all members at all times
- Capacity limits will be enforced. Please book or call ahead to ensure space
Let’s all work together to minimize the impact and help us get past this.
We have adapted our procedures and policies in accordance with public health directives. We are committed to creating a safe space for our makers, and are employing a number of cleaning and disinfection procedures to ensure that our makers can continue honing their crafts in a safe and secure manner. We ask that prior to visiting our facility, you carefully read through the changes we have implemented:
Hours: NewMakeIt's hours for the time being will be as follows:
- Monday to Friday - 9 AM – 9 PM
- Saturdays and Sundays - 10 AM – 6 PM
- Please note that last entry will be 1 hour prior to close.
Tours: To visit the facility for a tour or for any other reason please give us a call and book a time to come in.
Workshops: All workshops are postponed until after January 27th, 2022. If your workshop is booked on the 27th or after it will be running (unless more lockdown has been put in place by the government.) Any workshop that is postponed due to the lock down will be moved and the in participants will be called and notified of new dates. We will work with you to make sure that you will be able to attend new dates.
Booking: The limits in the spaces have been lifted but please be respectful of physical distancing.
Making a Booking: To book, click here or go to our Main Menu /Members/Booking.
- Hobbyist members can make bookings 3 days in advance. Professional members can make bookings 7 days in advance.
- You will be asked to clear out your materials and work 5 minutes prior to the end of your booking to allow us to sanitize the station prior to the next member.
Booking Restrictions: Members who fit any of the following criteria will NOT be permitted to make bookings:
- Displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (see symptom list here).
- Had contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Have returned from another province or country in the past 14 days.
Face Coverings: On July 9th 2020, the York Region council voted unanimously in favour of a motion by Markham Mayor Frank Scarpitti requiring business operators to create a policy to prohibit anyone not wearing a mask from entering their premises, from July 17th 2020 until further notice.
As such, all visitors will be required to wear a mask when in our facility, effective July 17th, 2020. We have masks available for purchase at our facility for $1 each at the front desk.
Sign In/Out: To keep track of the traffic in our facility, members will have to sign in and out at the front desk during each visit.
Sanitization: Upon arriving at NewMakeIt, you will be asked to sanitize your hands before touching any tools or equipment. We also encourage you to wash your hands frequently.
Payment: During this time, we encourage you to use contactless methods of payment and refrain from using cash. That being said, if other options are not possible we can accept cash.
Tool Use: If you utilize tools in the tool room, rather than returning them to the appropriate shelf, please place them in the Used Tool Bin in the Tool Room so that they can be disinfected between each use.
Kitchen Space: Please note that we are unable to provide members with access to our communal kitchen until further notice.
Our team has been working hard to ensure we are able to provide you with a space to work safely, and would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you have any questions regarding our new procedures, don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: January 5th, 2022