Bring broken things back to life at
A Repair Café brings together people with items to repair and volunteer fixers willing to share their skills and tools. They inspire people to repair items as an alternative to just throwing them away. All you need to do is show up with your broken item. Please only bring one item per person.
For more information, visit the Repair Cafe York Region site
Items that are commonly repaired include:
- small electrical appliances
- The work carried out in the Repair Café is free of charge on a voluntary basis by the fixers at hand.
- Visitors offering broken items for repair do so at their own risk. Experts making repairs offer no guarantee for the repairs carried out with their help and are not liable if objects that are repaired in the Repair Café turn out not to work properly at home.
- Fixers are entitled to refuse to repair certain objects at their own discretion.
- Fixers are not obliged to reassemble disassembled appliances that cannot be repaired.
- Visitors to the Repair Café are solely responsible for the tidy removal of broken objects that could not be repaired.
- New parts or materials required for a repair shall be provided by the visitor.