COVID-19 Operations During
Red-Control Zone restrictions
Last Updated: March 5, 2021
NewMakeIt will operate on a By Appointment Only system while York Region
remains in Red-Control Zone restrictions.
All visitors must book their time online before arriving at NewMakeIt. All Members who have an active account will have access to the space.
We will continue to ensure our procedures and policies are in accordance with public health directives. As always, we are committed to creating a safe space for our professional members and staff, and are employing a number of cleaning and disinfection procedures to ensure that our makers can continue honing their crafts in a safe and secure manner.
- Hours: NewMakeIt's hours for the time being will be as follows:
- Monday – Friday from 9 AM - 9 PM
- Saturday and Sunday from 10 AM - 6 PM
- Please note that last entry will be 1 hour prior to close
- Mandatory Booking: To limit the number of people and allow for physical distancing, you must make a booking before coming to NewMakeIt. You will NOT be allowed to enter the facility unless you have made a booking in advance – this applies for ALL machines & workspaces. These are the areas you can book, and the duration for which you’re able to book them:
- Lasers - max. 2 perople (4 hours)
- Pottery Work Area - max. 2 people (3 hours)
- Wood Shop - max. 1 person (3 hours)
- CNC Router - max. 1 person (Professionals: 6 hours)
- Metal Shop - max. 1 person (3 hours)
- Paint/Finishing Booth - max. 1 person (3 hours)
- Desk Space: closed during lockdown
- Computer use: max. 1 person (3 hours)
- Pottery Kiln Area: max. 1 person (1 hour)
- Booking Restrictions: Members who fit any of the following criteria will NOT be permitted to make bookings:
- Displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (see symptom list here).
- Had contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Have returned from another province or country in the past 14 days.
- Face Coverings: All visitors and staff will be required to wear a mask when in our facility. We have masks available for purchase at our facility for $1 each at the front desk
- Sign In/Out: To keep track of the traffic in our facility, all staff and visitors will be required to sign in and out at the front desk during each visit
- Sanitization: Upon arriving at NewMakeIt, you will be asked to sanitize your hands before touching any tools or equipment. We also encourage you to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer provided throughout the building frequently
- Payment: During this time, we encourage you to use contactless methods of payment and refrain from using cash. That being said, we will still be accepting cash
- Tool Use: If you utilize tools in the tool room, rather than returning them to the appropriate shelf, please place them in the Used Tool Bin outside of the Tool Room so that they can be disinfected between each use
- Kitchen Space: Please note that we are unable to provide members with access to our communal kitchen until further notice
Our team has been working hard to ensure we are able to provide you with a space to work safely, and would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you have any questions regarding our new procedures, don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.